BUCKHANNON — West Virginia Wesleyan College will conduct commencement exercises and festivities to celebrate the Class of 2022 May 6 through 8. In addition to commencement, which will take place on Saturday, May 7, the College will host three official activities, including the School of Nursing Convocation, the Multicultural and First Generation Graduation Ceremony and Baccalaureate, all of which will be held on Friday, May 6.
“We are so proud of our Wesleyan graduates; the faculty and staff are honored to have the opportunity to celebrate their success,” said Dean Lynn M. Linder, Ph.D.
Commencement exercises will be held at Rockefeller Gymnasium on Saturday, May 7 at 10 a.m. with Dr. Debra Dean Murphy, chair of the Department of Philosophy and Religious Studies and co-director of the Center for Restorative Justice on campus, serving as commencement speaker. During the ceremony, John F. McCuskey ‘69 and Dr. John Saunders, professor emeritus, will be conferred honorary degrees.
On Sunday, May 8, graduates of the Class of 2020 have been invited for commencement exercises at their home among the hills. The ceremony will take place at 10 a.m. in Rockefeller Gymnasium.
Schedule of official West Virginia Wesleyan 2022 Commencement Weekend activities
Friday, May 6
• 2 p.m. – Wesley Chapel* - School of Nursing Convocation
• 4 p.m. – Virginia Thomas Law Center for the Performing Arts, Culpepper Auditorium- Multicultural and First Generation Graduation Ceremony
• 7 p.m. – Wesley Chapel*- Baccalaureate
Saturday, May 7
• 10 a.m. – Rockefeller Gymnasium*- Class of 2022 Commencement
Sunday, May 8
• 10 a.m. – Rockefeller Gymnasium- Class of 2020 Commencement
*livestream available on wvwc.edu